Mapserver and ECW SDK license

Wed Mar 16 13:48:48 EST 2005

Our conversations with ERMapper on the subject indicate that they
realize there's a
problem with the license and they will be ammending it. So cross your
fingers...

Steve

>>> Gregor Mosheh <stigmata_blackangel at YAHOO.COM> 3/16/2005 8:13:06 AM
>>>
> I have some confusion wether or not we are allowed
> to use ECW (through
> GDAL) in Mapserver right now.

I was reading the license because I wanted to bundle
the ECW SDK with something, and it's pretty specific
and repetitive about a few points, one of them being:

- the ECW SDK cannot be used to provide functionality
on any computer that acts as a server

This seems to me to pretty clearly make it not usable
by MapServer, even if you didn't plan to redistribute
your copy.