Application Data

Thu Mar 17 22:12:10 EST 2005

I also might add to Brent's good suggestions that you prototype your
application with a small amount of data before you try loading the whole
thing. Load 1, 10 or 100 MB, see what issues you run into, get it
working with mapserver, and work out the issues on a small set, then
load progressively more data, and work out indexing and performance
issues, etc. This allows you to easily change the schema, or indexing,
etc early on if there are performance problems.

If you load everything and performance is bad, it is hard to know where
the problem is. Is, the indexes, is it the query, is it mapserver, is it
your applications codes, is it your schema, etc.

-Steve Woodbridge