About mapserver 4.4.1 and Chinese problem

Tinmean K. H. Liu tinmean at YAHOO.COM.TW
Fri Mar 18 03:21:17 EST 2005

Thanks for your response first.

I use traditional Chinese code, so the BIG5 is insteaded.
And  I choose the "bkai00mp" as my font settin, it is alse the part of
fedora font.
Rewriting the mapfile and keeping it simple. But still failed.

The failure example is here:
http://140.113.223.74/hc_river/test.php (It is no a php script and is a
pure html script)
the mapfile:

MAP
EXTENT 236874 2734194 252551 2749838
SIZE 300 400
SHAPEPATH "/var/www/html/hc_river/webgis/data"
LAYER # start of the "states" layer object
  NAME Hchc_river
  DATA Hchc_river
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE LINE
  LabelItem "NAME"
  CLASSITEM "NO"
  CLASS
    NAME "Hchc_river"
    COLOR 0 0 255
    LABEL
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      ENCODING BIG5
      FONT "bkai00mp"
      FORCE TRUE
      SIZE 12
      POSITION AUTO
      PARTIALS FALSE
      OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
    END
    #OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
  END # end of class object
END # end of layer object
END # end of map file

When I comment the line "Labelitem", the figure can be showed out.
I  am sure the data path is correct.
May you give some advice?

--Tinmean K. H. Liu