Mapserver rpm mandrake 10.1

blaise bpicinbono at WORLDONLINE.FR
Mon Mar 21 11:16:24 EST 2005

Le lundi 21 Mars 2005 16:45, Lluis G. Mestres a écrit :
> With Mandrake 10.1 I have the mapserver-4.2.rpm include, and it works ok.
> The problem is that I can't get the php_mapscript.so to include Maplab.
> Should I compile mapserver by myself? It's possible to use then the php
> rpm? I'm geeting crazy to build mapserver. If anyone has documentation to
> compile php and mapserver in Mandrake 10.1 will be wonderful.

Hi Lluis, cool down, nothing is easy !
I don't think you can use the php.rpm. The rpm should install php as an apache
module, but php_mapscript still seems to fit better with php as a cgi.

To build php_mapscript, you will need to compile some libraries, or install
their -devel rpm. Then you have to compile php, and then mapserver.
Libraries compilation are quite straight forward, but for php and mapserver,
you will have to try different ./configure options.
There are some good docs in the documentation and the wiki pages and plenty.
Search the list as well. Try the wiki page describing phpmapscript
installation on RedHat9; RedHat filesystem is quite similar to Mandrake one.
Actually, it's not that much difficult, you'll find out.
Blaise