Using Mapinfo for non_GIS applications (or dGPS possibly)

Eircom - Carroll codonoghue at EIRCOM.NET
Mon Mar 21 16:29:55 EST 2005

Hi all,
   I am not familiar enough with MapServer. Could you suggest if it
   would be useful for presenting information for server cabinets,
   based on a Floor Tile (Row,Column) rather than Lat/Long
   co-ordinates. I'm looking for potential solutions to link a
   cabinet (or possibly a group of cabinets in the case of mainframes)
   to Floor Tiles in a Server Farm. The Floor Tile is then used as a
   key to access rack hardware info.

   Any ideas would be gratefully received.
Carroll