making efficient map layers

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Tue Mar 22 10:52:32 EST 2005

Thanks for the information...
I can write a script I'm sure, but I have never used the ogr2ogr utility and
I'm not sure how it works... is there documentation for that?    Or if
Mapscript could be used that might be even
better, though I really don't know how I could create new shapefiles from
old ones but I'll look into it.

Is it possible using ogr2ogr to output (as in your example) CFCC=A13 from
every county shapefile into a single shapefile, or would I have to create
separate output shapefiles for every county and then tile them?

-Jeff