Terraservice.Net DOQ data

Gregor Mosheh stigmata_blackangel at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 25 15:10:07 EST 2005

--- Robert Aldridge <bamarob55 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> I can never get anything but a blank image when
> trying to incorporate terraservice.net DOQ imagery

Here is the paragraph we use for TerraService DOQ.
Works for us:

LAYER
  NAME "photo"
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE RASTER
  MINSCALE 10000

  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  CONNECTION "http://terraservice.net/OgcMap.ashx?"

  METADATA
    "wms_srs" "EPSG:26910"
    "wms_title" "Orthophoto"
    "wms_name" "DOQ"
    "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
    "wms_format" "image/png"
    "wms_layers" "doq"
    "wms_group_title" "background"
  END
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:26910"
  END
END

I do notice that at a scale of <10000, TerraService
won't hand out an image, which breaks the map. So be
careful with zooming in that close - use minscale.

As to the projections, you can check their
capabilities document and I believe 4326 and 4269 are
supported now. We used 26910 because it matches our
other layers and saves us a reprojection.