International text characters in labels

Gambin Dejan Dejan.Gambin at PULA.HR
Mon May 2 06:22:18 EDT 2005

As far as I know, MapServer uses Unicode internally so maybe that is the
problem but I hope someone more experienced will give you an exact
answer.

Dejan Gambin

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Jones [mailto:xbobwjones at HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 12:09 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] International text characters in labels

Hi

I am using a shapefile which contains cities and displaying the city
names as labels, and am having the problem that the city names which
contain international characters are not displaying correctly i.e. the
wrong characters are being used for the international characters.

Can anyone suggest how to solve this problem?

I couldn't find the solution by searching the archives or looking
through the mapserver documentation.

Many thanks
Rob