Clipping of symbols at the boundary of maps

Jochen Grefe jochen at INGENIEURTEAM2.COM
Tue May 3 11:15:40 EDT 2005

Thanks steve,

> What are you trying to do? Generate image tiles the align with one
> another like google maps?
Yes, I am building image tiles to produce large pdf files, since I
have some problems I mailed to the list a view weeks ago:

-------------------
I have a polygon layer with TRANSPARENCY 50 that lay on top over
a raster layer. While it renders as expected to png the polygon
are opaque when renderd to pdf. Despite using FORMATOPTION
"OUTPUT_TYPE=RASTER"
or not.

The raster layers are rendered internally to jpeg because of the
absence of inmemory opening of png images in former pdflib versions.
Since the newest library (6.01, I don't know until wich version it worked)
supports this, I tested the rendering to pdf over png. Which give me a lot
of better quality as the jpeg pdf but don't helped me with the transpareny
issue.

Do you see a solution concerning the builtin pdf problem?

Best regards,
Jochen