Query on DGN attribute data

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 3 12:21:35 EDT 2005

On 5/3/05, Gambin Dejan <Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how can I query dgn attribute data. I have successfully
> displayed dgn annotations using ANNOTATION type and LABELITEM="Text" in
> mapfile but I would like to search for this attribute data and I don't
> know how to do it. If I search for a "TEXT" field I get nothing. Do I
> have to add another layer of type POINT or something?
>
> Does anyone has experience in this?

Dejan,

First, I would suggest you "explore" the file using ogrinfo.
Generally speaking the only attribute linkage information that
OGR captures is the MSLink and record number for database
linkages.   DGN Features with more than one linkage end up
only presenting the first.

If you see what you need in the ogrinfo report, then you can
use the attributes in mapserver.  If not, you are out of luck.

Best regards,