MapServer & TIFF 24 bits

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 4 10:45:09 EDT 2005

On 5/4/05, Virginie Berre <vberre at gi-paris.com> wrote:
> I don't know if the Projection is right and I don't know how to know it.

Virginie,

I don't think the projection is the problem.

> The error shown in the browser is :
> Internal Server Error

This generally means the program crashed.

My suggestion is that you review the "debugging MapServer"
wiki topic and see if you can find out some more information.

  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DebuggingMapserver

The stuff about the DEBUG keyword won't apply in your case since
your mapserver was not built with debug output enabled.

Mainly I would suggest testing your map with shp2img and see if
you get any more useful information with it.  If it core dumps it may help
to run it in "gdb" if you are familiar with that.

You may need to bundle up a your mapfile and dataset and submit this
as a bug if you can't find anything else out.  The details at the following
url may be helpful for that.

  http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/bug_submission

Best regards,