Query on DGN attribute data

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 4 11:56:39 EDT 2005

On 5/4/05, Gambin Dejan <Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr> wrote:
> Thanks Frank,
>
> ogrinfo -s file_name.dgn elements gives me:
>
> INFO: Open of `10-text.dgn'
> using driver `DGN' successful.
>
> Layer name: elements
> Geometry: Unknown (any)
> Feature Count: 1242
> Extent: (5403842.480000, 4964999.646000) - (5416695.538000,
> 4976971.721000)
> Layer SRS WKT:
> (unknown)
> Type: Integer (2.0)
> Level: Integer (2.0)
> GraphicGroup: Integer (4.0)
> ColorIndex: Integer (3.0)
> Weight: Integer (2.0)
> Style: Integer (1.0)
> EntityNum: Integer (0.0)
> MSLink: Integer (0.0)
> Text: String (0.0)
>
> that seems OK and also ogrinfo -al gives me the records with text field
> filled, for example:
>
> OGRFeature(elements):34
>   Type (Integer) = 17
>   Level (Integer) = 9
>   GraphicGroup (Integer) = 0
>   ColorIndex (Integer) = 0
>   Weight (Integer) = 0
>   Style (Integer) = 0
>   EntityNum (Integer) = (null)
>   MSLink (Integer) = (null)
>   Text (String) = MUKATI
>   Style = LABEL(t:"MUKATI",c:#ffffff,s:15g)
>   POINT (5406547.385 4975870.523)
>
> ...so evrything seems OK and I can see the text on my map, the problem
> is that I can't search for this data. Maybe this has something to do
> with my interface (I am using p.mapper and PHP/Mapscript) but it seems
> like it has problems with the field named "TEXT". Is this possible? Any
> experiences?

Ganbin,

Sorry, matters PHP are not my forte, and I'm not really very good
with the query support either.  It is possible there are bugs in the
OGR query support.  If you can boil it down to a straight forward
example, you could file a bug report on it, with datasets and map
for me to look into.

Best regards,