Pixel's information value of raster tiff.

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 5 12:09:45 EDT 2005

On 5/5/05, Farid Vakilzadeh <jalfarid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am using several DEM Tiff files and displaying them by using
> TILEINDEX in my map file.My problem is that I can get the information
> of a pixel in DEM raster file except its elevation. Each pixel can be
> queried and I could get the coordinates of pixels by using variables
> [mapx],[mapy] in my template file. Also each pixel in DEM file has an
> elevation value that I don't know how I can get it or by using which
> variable . I'll appreciate if any one can help me.

Farid,

I don't think that [mapx] and [mapy] are part of the query mechanism
itself in mapserver.  You might want to review the wiki page on the
Raster Query mechanism for an idea how to get the underlying
raster values back from a DEM.

  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RasterQuery

Some of it won't make sense unless you are familiar with the general
query mechanism in MapServer, so you might want to read up on that
too.

Best regards,