Problem using Gdal-1.2.6

Johan Hallgren johan.e.hallgren at WMDATA.SE
Fri May 6 03:57:07 EDT 2005

I have installed MapServer 4.6.0-beta1 and now I will add tiff as
supported input format. I downloaded Gdal-1.2.6 and compiled it (the dll
and lib was created).

I uncommented the GDAL options in nmake.opt
GDAL=-DUSE_GDAL
GDAL_DIR=C:/SE/GMS/ms/gdal-1.2.6

Then I buildt the mapserver with:
nmake /f makefile.vc

Then I what supported format I had and found out the following:
C:\SE\GMS\ms>mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.6.0-beta1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

Checking the formats in Gdal gives:
C:\SE\GMS\ms\gdal-1.2.6\apps>gdalinfo --formats
Supported Formats:
  VRT (rw+): Virtual Raster
  GTiff (rw+): GeoTIFF
  NITF (rw+): National Imagery Transmission Format
  HFA (rw+): Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
  SAR_CEOS (ro): CEOS SAR Image
  CEOS (ro): CEOS Image
  ELAS (rw+): ELAS
  AIG (ro): Arc/Info Binary Grid
  AAIGrid (rw): Arc/Info ASCII Grid
  SDTS (ro): SDTS Raster
  DTED (rw): DTED Elevation Raster
  PNG (rw): Portable Network Graphics
  JPEG (rw): JPEG JFIF
  MEM (rw+): In Memory Raster
  JDEM (ro): Japanese DEM (.mem)
  GIF (rw): Graphics Interchange Format (.gif)
  ESAT (ro): Envisat Image Format
  BSB (ro): Maptech BSB Nautical Charts
  XPM (rw): X11 PixMap Format
  BMP (rw+): MS Windows Device Independent Bitmap
  AirSAR (ro): AirSAR Polarimetric Image
  RS2 (ro): RadarSat 2 XML Product
  PCIDSK (rw+): PCIDSK Database File
  ILWIS (rw+): ILWIS Raster Map
  PNM (rw+): Portable Pixmap Format (netpbm)
  DOQ1 (ro): USGS DOQ (Old Style)
  DOQ2 (ro): USGS DOQ (New Style)
  ENVI (rw+): ENVI .hdr Labelled
  EHdr (rw+): ESRI .hdr Labelled
  PAux (rw+): PCI .aux Labelled
  MFF (rw+): Atlantis MFF Raster
  MFF2 (rw+): Atlantis MFF2 (HKV) Raster
  FujiBAS (ro): Fuji BAS Scanner Image
  GSC (ro): GSC Geogrid
  FAST (ro): EOSAT FAST Format
  BT (rw+): VTP .bt (Binary Terrain) 1.3 Format
  LAN (ro): Erdas .LAN/.GIS
  CPG (ro): Convair PolGASP
  IDA (rw+): Image Data and Analysis
  NDF (ro): NLAPS Data Format
  L1B (ro): NOAA Polar Orbiter Level 1b Data Set
  FIT (rw): FIT Image
  USGSDEM (rw): USGS Optional ASCII DEM (and CDED)
  GXF (ro): GeoSoft Grid Exchange Format

It seams that it makes no differense with my GDAL options.

I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Ver 7.1 on Windows XP

Any ideas?