newb - calc'ing geotiff world file internals

Mike D'Ambrogia miked at JAMAGINATION.COM
Sun May 8 23:56:28 EDT 2005

Ed,

Thanks for the response

Was thinking about this while driving around awhile ago, if I know the
UTM or lat/long of each corner of each image couldn't I determine the
distance across the map in meters or feet and then divide that by 673 to
get pixel X value?  And then do the same for the top to bottom of each
image and divide by 795 to come up with a pixel Y unit value?

>>You can relax things a bit if you're simply trying to display the
data. If you
>>don't really care about coordinates, AND if you don't intend to
integrate other
>>data sets with this one, you can just make things up.

I do want to map data to coordinates, but I think I'll roll right now
with your logic below just to see if I can get the raster data into the
system and have it display correctly.  Something to build on in the
meanwhile

Thanks for the reply

Mike