dealing with mixed geometry datasets

Frank Rittinger gis at SCHNEGG.NET
Mon May 9 10:21:10 EDT 2005

Hello Bart,

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> does anybody have some best practices for dealing with mixed geometry datasets within Mapserver?
>
> For instance Mapinfo files which contain both points and polygons.
>
> Is it possible to do an OGR query based on geometry type and use 2 layers in the MAP file?

that´s what we do: add a column in Mapinfo with the geometry type,
define two layers (or more, depending on the number of geometry types)
in the mapfile and use a filteritem to distinguish between the different
geometry types.

Best regards,   Frank

--

Frank Rittinger

TERRAPLAN Geographische Informationssysteme
Gewerbestr. 33
79227 Schallstadt
Germany

Tel.: 07664-505315