Python MapScript module cannot be found?

Bas Vanmeulebrouk bvanmeul at EBE.UCT.AC.ZA
Tue May 10 08:18:01 EDT 2005

Hello Emil,

I have had this dll problem as well, amongst others with gdal12.dll,
nscecw.dll and ncsutil.dll. On my machine, it was caused be the fact that I
had more versions of the same dll. I searched my harddrive for these dll's
and renamed the ones which didn't come with Python Mapscript to make sure
that Python Mapscript was using the correct ones. After that, Python
Mapscript was working fine from the Python prompt.

Kind regards,

Bas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emil Zegers [mailto:taatuut at planet.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 1:22 PM
To: Bas Vanmeulebrouk; MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Python MapScript module cannot be found?

Hello Bas,

Thanks for your reply.

Moving/copying the files to other locations didn't solve the problem.

I checked the PYTHONPATH (both the reg key and the environment variable) to
be sure C:\Python23\lib\site-packages is included and it is.

Then I tried 'import _mapscript' from the Python prompt.

Now I get a error message 'The procedure entry point ... could not be
located in the dynamic link library NCSEcw.dll'.

It appears to me I need a specific version of the NCS dll's but I don't know
which one (the NCS dll's were not included in the MapScript installer, I
tried with the NCS dll's found in
http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/build_output/sean with no succes).

Maybe I can find more info in the build log files on Howard's site but I
welcome tips on this.

Regards,

Emil