Python MapScript module cannot be found?

Emil Zegers taatuut at PLANET.NL
Tue May 10 11:08:59 EDT 2005

Hello Howard,

I followed your advice but that MapScript version complained about needing
sde90.dll so I used the version from
http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/mapserver/build_output/4_4_2/none/pyt
hon.zip

On the Python command line I can now do 'import _mapscript' without errors
but when using it via IIS I keep getting:

  import _mapscript
ImportError: DLL load failed: the specific module could not be found

Maybe I'm still missing something obvious or maybe it related to the fact
I'm using Python MapScript with IIS.

Anyway, thanks so far for the feedback and hints, I really appreciate it
(this goes for Bas too).

Regards,

Emil