WFS and namespaces

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Wed May 11 08:43:05 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I am wondering about the following. I have defined a namespace for my Mapserver WFS in the MAP file:

      wfs_namespace_prefix "stragisweb"
      wfs_namespace_uri "http://www.syncera.nl/stragisweb"

But the DescribeFeatureType response does *NOT* use this namespace in the element names. The GML output of a GetFeature request does use the namespace.

But then again it is not possible to query using the namespace, eg doing a PropertyIsEqualTo on stragisweb:GEMCOD doesn't work, I have to use GEMCOD in the Filter for ogc:PropertyName.

Is this behaviour correct? Or should the namespace defined be used in all modes of operation?

I am using Mapserver 4.6 beta1.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden