PHP/Mapscript + Postgis

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Wed May 11 09:41:51 EDT 2005

Do you have any error messages showing up in your web server error logs?

-Jeff

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philippe Gondek" <philippe.gondek at GMAIL.COM>
To: <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:43 AM
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] PHP/Mapscript + Postgis

Hi,

I'm a beginner with mapscript...

I try to draw a map with php/mapscript with data comming from postgis.
I tried several ways, the problem is the construction of my layer...

I try like this

$map = ms_newMapObj($Nom_Mapfile);
$map->setextent($xmin,$ymin,$xmax,$ymax);
$map->web->set("imagepath",$mapserver_imagepath);
$map->web->set("imageurl",$mapserver_imageurl);
$map->set("width",$longueur_image_mapfile);
$map->set("height",$hauteur_image_mapfile);

// Ajout d'une couche
$layer = ms_newLayerObj($map);

with this mapfile
MAP
NAME MAMAPAMOI

EXTENT 0 0 1 1

SIZE 1 1

IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

IMAGETYPE PNG

END

and like this
$map = ms_newMapObj("miam.map");

$map->setextent($xmin,$ymin,$xmax,$ymax);
$map->web->set("imagepath",$mapserver_imagepath);
$map->web->set("imageurl",$mapserver_imageurl);
$map->set("width",$longueur_image_mapfile);
$map->set("height",$hauteur_image_mapfile);

// Ajout d'une couche
$layer = $map->getLayerByName(REGIONS);

MAP
NAME MAMAPAMOI

EXTENT 0 0 1 1

SIZE 1 1

IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

IMAGETYPE PNG

LAYER

NAME REGIONS

TYPE POLYGON

CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS

CONNECTION "host=localhost port=5432 dbname=lemiam user=phil
password=1707loulou442"

DATA "the_geom from regions"

END
END

Each time, I have an

>>Internal Server Error

>>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
unable to >>complete your request.

>>Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform
them of the >>time the error occurred, and anything you might have
done that may have >>caused the error.

>>More information about this error may be available in the server error
>>log.

I don't understand why because I can completely read the script
http://localhost/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml

Do you already have a problem like this one???