Image transparency via SWIG API

Rick Innis rick at INNIS.CA
Mon May 16 12:01:54 EDT 2005

I'm writing an application which loads a point layer from a Postgis
table and displays little flag icons at the relevant points.

I haven't been able to work out how to get MapServer to respect the
transparency of the images. The flags appear surrounded by a white
square.

If I load the same layer via a mapfile, everything works fine - the
images are displayed without the white square.

Would appreciate any insight anyone has on what might be going on.

FWIW, I'm working with MapServer 4.4.1, Postgres 8.0.1, PostGIS RC6,
and the Java API bindings.

Thanks,

        --Rick.