Raster Issues in MapServer 4.4.1

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 17 13:47:28 EDT 2005

On 5/17/05, Chris Helm <helmster_99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a few strange Raster situations I wanted to
> share with the list.
>
> 1. I have a few rasters (Geotiffs) I use as
> backgrounds for vector data and they're appearing on
> opposite sides of my map, very distorted. When I zoom
> to Alaska images from Sweden can be seen, and when I
> zoom to Sweden the image from Alaska appears. The
> Sweden images also can seen, distorted, in Siberia.
>
> Has anyone seen this behaviour previously?

Chris,

Based on a quick inspection this seems to be a reprojection
"wrap around" issue.   Is it possible for you to prepare a
mapfile and one raster image that demonstrate this problem
with shp2img or a direct mapserv invocation?  If so, I can
dig into the problem in more detail.

> 2. When querying my data at a very 'zoomed in' extent
> (and other times) the query map that is being
> generated displays all rasters as if you were zoomed
> to the full extent of the application. Plus I use a
> tiled global MODIS background image that draws only
> the section that I'm zoomed into to, but at full
> extent.

This is a bit odd.  I would once again guess at it being
reprojection related, but it does not seem consistent with
the wraparound problem.   Once again an isolated
reproduable example would be helpful.

Best regards,