Problem with a set of tiff

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 17 14:04:29 EDT 2005

On 5/17/05, luca marletta <lucamarle at gmail.com> wrote:
> TIFF Directory at offset 0x8
>   Subfile Type: multi-page document (2 = 0x2)
>   Image Width: 20000 Image Length: 12500
>   Resolution: 0, 0 pixels/inch
>   Bits/Sample: 1
>   Compression Scheme: CCITT Group 3
>   Photometric Interpretation: min-is-white
>   FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
>   Artist: "1996-98 AccuSoft Inc., All rights reserved"
>   Date & Time: "2004: 1:29 10:10:58"
>   Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
>   Samples/Pixel: 1
>   Rows/Strip: 12500
>   Planar Configuration: single image plane
>   Page Number: 0-1
>   Software: ImageGear Version:  7.01.002
>   Group 3 Options: (0 = 0x0)
>
> can some one help me? if you get the problem in which way can I convert them?

Luca,

In theory these files should be treated as 8bit images
with a 2 color color table (and values that are either 0 or 1).
In MapServer this should come through as a pseudocolored
image.  Of course, you need your mapserver build with GDAL
support.  The libtiff based TIFF support in mapserver will not
support 1 bit files.

Note that it is a pretty big image, and compressed, so access
to it from GDAL or mapserver is not likely to be very efficient.

If you just can't get it working, it is presumably due to something
peculiar with the build of GDAL used in your mapserver.  Note
that I believe QGIS uses GDAL for tiff access, much like MapServer
does.

Best regards,.