File Size/Format Problem?

Greg Taylor gtaylo2 at CLEMSON.EDU
Wed May 18 09:33:36 EDT 2005

Greetings,

   I'm working on adding a raster layer to an existing map that consists
of a line layer (shape file). The problem is, when I try to add the
layer listed below, I get a blank white map for output when the layer is
selected:

LAYER
 NAME "clemsongeo"
 DATA "graphics/camp_tif.tif"
 TYPE RASTER
 STATUS DEFAULT
END

I looked in the tmp images directory and there are a bunch of different
empty .png's with varying sizes so it looks like it's at least
attempting to use the raster file I've given it. We had figured this may
be due to the raster file's massive size (250 meg) but I couldn't find
anything on size limitations within the documentation.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Furthermore, does
Mapserver support .SID files? I saw a listing of supported files but
some of the terminology used is foreign to me (as is GIS for the most
part).

Thanks in advance!