Maximum Raster Image Size?

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu May 19 11:50:31 EDT 2005

Greg -

As I mentioned yesterday, there is nothing at all unusual about TIFF
images of that size.  I use tens of thousands of 100MB - 500MB TIFF
images in MapServer every day.

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
TopoZone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Greg Taylor
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:26 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Maximum Raster Image Size?

I was wondering what the maximum raster file size is for adding a layer
to be displayed. I have a 260+ Meg file that we want to put a label
shapefile layer on top of. Currently I'm getting a blank white image
back when I add the layer with the .tif and we're wondering if it's
because of the size.

Will mapserver handle 200+ meg raster files? It's not important that the
whole thing is shown at once but we'd like to be able to display some
chunks.