OutputFormat ImageMap, PostGIS and SymbolHref

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 19 13:58:21 EDT 2005

On 5/18/05, Jean David TECHER <davidtecher at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a mapfile in imagemap outputformat with a layer with a PostGIS layer
> I use mapserver cvs
>
> The imagemap works fine on a postgis layer with
>
>  type polygon but
>

> doesn't to work for
>
> type point
>
> I means that from the '%s' gave me only the layer's name (baigande21) ...I
> got from FormatOption
>
> affichage_popup('./info.php?uid=baignade21&dept=21','popup1')"
>
> Is it possible to get something like
>
>    affichage_popup('./info.php?uid=0&dept=21','popup1')"
>   affichage_popup('./info.php?uid=1&dept=21','popup1')"
>   affichage_popup('./info.php?uid=2&dept=21','popup1')"
>
> and so on Or did I have to modify mapserver/mapimagemap.c????

Jean David,

I don't know the real answer to your question, but I will say that the
imagemap support is quite incomplete.  There are many types of
features not supported fully or even at all.

Some work was done on this since 4.4 was released, so you could
try 4.6, but you will likely need to make some improvements to
mapimagemap.c yourself.

Best regards,