.: Unable to access file. tSymbol()

Andreas M üller chromgruen at GMX.NET
Tue May 24 18:02:56 EDT 2005

I've just set up mapserver 4.4 on my linux box, because I wanted to play
around with mapscript and postgis. When I send an incomplete request a very
basic mapfile
(http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/srv/www/data/test.map?request=GetCapabilities"
I do not receive the WMS error message
 i get the message ".: Unable to access file. tSymbol()".
Can anybody tell me, what this means?
An empty request to .../cgi-bin/mapserv displays correctly:
"No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty."

mapserv configuration:

MapServer version 4.4.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Any hint appreciated.
Thanks
Andreas