Feature info

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Wed May 25 09:35:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

Mapserver does support WMS GetFeatureInfo.

AFAIK, MapInfo WMS client does *NOT* support GetFeatureInfo.

So what you want would not be possible. But if you want to be sure, ask MapInfo if they support WMS GetFeatureInfo by now.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Floyd <warjac_warjac at HOTMAIL.COM> 05/25/05 03:21pm >>>
Hello List

We have been using mapserver for a few months, our  main purpose was to just
display and render maps.

Question: Can mapserver show feature(layer) information as compared too that
of mapinfo.

using Mapinfo 7.8 under the menu tools (I) the user is offered
information pretaining too objects and, postions within the concern map by
means of selection(mouse click).

can the same task be accomplish using mapinfo an having a mapserver-WMS with
native *.tab files(ogr)?.