Mapscript .NET, compile

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu May 26 17:41:35 EDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 11:40 AM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I finally tried to compile Mapscript .NET and I thought I'd share the
> process I went through and ask a few questions. Let me start with the
> questions :-) :
>
> 1) why won't the generated mapscript_wrap.c file compile out of the box
> (see below)?

Bart, you're leaving out some crucial information ... which MapServer
version is this? I don't see the call to msSetup in mapscript_wrap.c
with 4.6beta2. I'm using SWIG 1.3.21 and testing with Mono.

> 2) what is the difference between mapscript.dll and
> mapscript_csharp.dll?

I did a 'strings mapscript.dll' ... it contains the functions of
libmap. The csharp dll is the C# wrapper module.

> 3) using the utilities eg shpdump I do get a few unhandled exceptions.
> Is
> that supposed to be the case?
>
> Shape 1 has 1 part(s)
> bounds (362153.9375, 3651581.75) (413756.1875, 3708708)
>
> Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference
> not
> set to
> an instance of an object.
>     at ShapeDump.Main(String[] args)

No, I don't think it should raise exceptions.

I'm not a C# user at all, but I am able to get the module in 4.6beta to
compile without warnings on Linux using the Makefile.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies