Windows Install

Patrick Vogelaar patrick.vogelaar at NISANET.COM
Thu May 26 17:39:36 EDT 2005

Hello there,

I'm definitely new to Mapserver and am interested in building an
interactive web app using PHP/Mapscript.

I have downloaded both:

mapserver-4.6.0-beta2-win32-php4.3.11.zip

as well as the MS4W package:

ms4w_1.1.zip

, both from http://maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html

I am running Windows 2000 Pro with IIS and I already have PHP 4.1.1
installed. I know I need atleast PHP version 4.3.0 to run the gd library
needed by Mapserver, but I have a large intranet already running the
installed PHP and I'm wondering if it will cause something to crash or
otherwise misbehave.

Should I be concerned about the web apps I already have running or the
intranet as a whole. If I install the MS4W package in a root directory like
it says will there be two different versions of PHP on my server? And if
so, which version will process my php scripts. Any help just getting me
started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick Vogelaar