Mapserver and Mapinfo

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Fri May 27 03:20:45 EDT 2005

Hi Vincent,

a) can you post the response of your Mapserver WFS to a DescribeFeatureType request to the list? So we can see if it might be a configuration issue.

b) can you try using the Cubewerx site for the schemas, there is a problem in the OGC schemas, in the WEB object's METADATA section use:

ows_schemas_location "http://schemas.cubewerx.com/schemas/"

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> "vincent.dacol" <vincent.dacol at LAPOSTE.NET> 05/27/05 08:47am >>>
Hi everybody, I'm back with a new problem ;)

Now, I try to use Mapinfo to visualize WFS Mapserver server
layers.

The server work great with an mapserver client. But with
Mapinfo, it's a little different.

Mapinfo find the WFS Mapserver correctly. But when I click on
a layer in the Mapinfo box, a warning appear. It says : "In
answer to Describe Feature Type Request, the WFS server return
invalide type component".

A Describefeaturetype request with Mapserver client work fine.

It seem that the XML document use not a valide XML schema.

I have try to change the service in  "ows_schemas_location"
meta, but not positive effect.

I have try to with the mapfile of "ms_ogc_workshop" who is
correct I think, but Mapinfo could'nt correctly use it too.

If somebody have an idea, he could help me a lot lot lot ;)

Vincent