Mapserver and templetes in xml format

Piero Cavalieri piero.cavalieri at HEIDI.IT
Fri May 27 04:00:47 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm using mapserver in cgi mode, with .NET framework.
I build query String from user interface. Send it to the cgi using
HttpWebRequest class and parse the response with HttpWebResponse.
The template is very simple, ex:

[img]
[mapwidth]
[mapheight]
..
..

Variables are put in protected variables (in code behind), so then I can
use them in the aspx Page.
This seems to works fine (both for browse and query mode), however I noticed
that the first line are additional info from Mapserver, ex:

<!-- MapServer version 4.4.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->

This prevent me from using an xml document for template file (as I would
like to try instead of the html template file). Is there a way to remove
info above, in the cgi response (without recompile sources) ?

Many thanks
   Piero