How to make interactive maps using PHP/Mapscript?

John Kim jkim at SCIENCES.SDSU.EDU
Fri May 27 19:27:19 EDT 2005

I just found the Mapscript example where the user can draw points on the map. Based on that, I can gather how to do zoom and pan: take the clicked coordinates, translate to map coordinates, reset the map extent, and redraw the map. Actually, the reference for MapObj is not starting to make sense to me. I see there are zoom methods.

I'd still appreciate any online tutorials or examples.

Thanks.

John

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Kim
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 3:33 PM
  Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] How to make interactive maps using PHP/Mapscript?

  I need a little help understanding how to make interactive maps using PHP/Mapscript. I couldn't find appropriate tutorials or examples, and the reference pages were not enough for me.

  Without Mapscript, I see that you get interactivity by providing a template html file, which is sent out to the client browser each time. With Mapscript, do you still provide a template file? If so, what about the PHP file? Where does that fit in?

  Can someone show me an example or a tutorial? I want the user to be able to pan/zoom/identify a polygon map.

  Thanks.

  -John