[OT] Question on javascript

Sat May 28 14:15:22 EDT 2005

Hi,

This is a little of topic, but it is related to building a web interface
for mapserver.

I have form in html that I do NOT want to submit.

http://swoodbridge.com/~woodbri/t.html

enter text in location and hit [enter], the form starts a submit and
calls nosubmit() which puts up an alert and then return false; which
should cancel the submit. But it does the submit anyway :(

This is really annoying because I figure I'm doing something stupid, but
I just don't see it.

Any help would be appreciated.
   -Steve W.

the html is:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>Submit Test</title>

<script type="text/javascript">

     function nosubmit()
     {
         alert('nosubmit');
         return false;
     }

</script>

</head>
<form onsubmit="nosubmit();">
     Location:&nbsp;<input type="text" name="address" size="40">
     <input type="button" value="Go" onclick="alert('hello')">
</form>