Mapscript API: for object manipulation, not object creation?

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Mon May 30 15:04:48 EDT 2005

On May 30, 2005, at 12:35 PM, Rick Innis wrote:

>> I have done a lot of work since version 4.2 to make sure that it
>> does support programatic creation of map elements. I'm testing it
>> rigorously with Python, but not with Java.
>
> I'll be giving a good workout in the next wee while, I'm sure :-)

Great. The sooner, the better. We're aiming for a 4.6 release to
coincide with next month's meeting.

>> Right. There may be a bug in the one argument forms of classObj and
>> layerObj constructors that does not properly transfer ownership of
>> the object to its parent.
>
> However, the zero-arg constructors are protected. Is that a bug?
>
>      --Rick.

No, I forgot momentarily that SWIG-Java doesn't support optional method
arguments as we have with Python. There is no zero argument constructor
for Java. Calling the ordinary constructor with a NULL argument should
be equivalent.

cheers,
Sean

--