Cleaning the /tmp directory

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 30 21:12:03 EDT 2005

Hi Ed,
 I pursued my MODE=MAP issues a little deeper ... the new hardware didn't
fix it ...
 My snapshots fail sporadically. If i plug the source of the images into a
new webpage, I get the following error: "CGI error, The specified CGI
application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.".
Sometimes the top half of an image generates, but not the rest.
 Ive seen this error before when using a faulty build of mapserver that was
up on the homepage for awhile a couple months ago but in that case it
affected all maps generated, not just some of the snapshots.
 My current install is clean on a new server, 4.4.2 and 4.6b2. Each install
is in its own folder, to keep the dll's of the different versions separated,
the website has a virtual directory that points to the specific version I
want it to use. My mode=browse maps work fine.
 The failures happen often on the same features, or in the same area of one
feature while another area works. The features pass as valid to PostGIS,
using shapefiles made no difference. The number of features returned does
not seem to be impacting the occurance of failures.
 These failures have been happening since MapServer 4. I may need to rig up
mapserver 3.6 to produce the snapshots since it never gave me a problem.
Anyways maybe this shows why I was leery to suggest to the other person to
rely on mode=map.
 Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC