Simple question about scalebar.

Krung Saengpole saengpole at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 31 14:12:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

Thank you for your response. My map file is simple as below:

MAP
 SHAPEPATH "d:\work\gis\kornburi\data\"
 FONTSET "./fonts/fonts.list"
 SYMBOLSET "./symbols/symbol.sym"
 EXTENT 730000 1550000 935000 1750000
 UNITS kilometers
 SIZE 600 450
 IMAGETYPE gif
 TRANSPARENT on
SCALEBAR
 POSITION ll
 STATUS off
 COLOR 255 0 255
 IMAGECOLOR 255 255 0
 UNITS KILOMETERS
 INTERVALS 3
 STYLE 0
END
PROJECTION
    "proj=utm"
    "zone=47"
    "a=6377276.345"
    "b=6356075.413"
    "towgs84=209,818,290,0,0,0,0"
    "units=m"
    "no_defs"
END
LAYER
END

My problem is that scalebar showed wrong distance. Everything is ok but scalebar. I told you last message that true distance it should be 18.3 km but scalebar showed 18300 km. I thought if this number was correct, then the unit should be meter not kilometer.

Dirk-Jan Huisman <d.huisman at INGBCC.NL> wrote:
Hi,

It's not clear what goes wrong. Include some code of your mapfile. What are the map units and the scalebar units?