Does anyone know of a good mapscript tutorial?

Gail Long codeburg at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 1 10:35:55 EST 2005

New to GIS, not new to programming, prefererences in order:

php
perl
(I guess I could go learn python)
(same goes for ruby)

I have all of the mapserver reference pages, the php mapscript class
reference, and the "recipies" and "snippets" pages.  I've also downloaded
the mapserver tutorial, workshop tutorial, and the pmapper code.

I've checked several FAQ's and wikis.  I'm sure that most of the information
I'm looking for is in there plus in these archives, but its not in newbie
digestable form.

I also have the Orielly "Web Mapping Illustrated" which has helped
tremendously but it has some major holes. (spoken as a member of the target
audience the book is trying to reach)

All the references that anyone has would be very helpful and in return I'd
be happy to put together a compendium of the references, and even a couple
of basic tutorials that could be used to respond to similar requests.

Thanks in advance.
--
Things are only difficult while you don't understand them.