CORRECTION: Does anyone know of a good mapscript tutorial?

Gail Long codeburg at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 1 14:29:20 EST 2005

In a previous post of the same name I made a comment about the book "Web
Mapping Illustrated" having "major holes".

While its true that the book has "holes" for "ME", it is still an
outstanding book that has proven itself to me by getting me over some major
humps in learning how to build mapserver applications.  I'm sure that most
of the motivation behind my comment was my own inexperience and frustration
at the time and that someone of different experience and skills will have a
very different opinion of the book.

My most sincere apologies to the Author, Tyler Mitchell.  Your work
currently sits on my desk as one of my most prised references.

As to the mapscript portion of that post, if anyone has simple examples of
the PHP API I would be willing to put together a simple tutorial and post it
to the wiki as a base that we can all improve upon.

Sincerely,

Gail long
--
Things are only difficult while you don't understand them.