Reference Map

Van Ulden, Joost jvanulde at NRCAN.GC.CA
Tue Nov 1 19:41:27 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to generate a reference map manually.  I am sending the
following request to mapserver:

~/extent.map&MODE=reference&MAPEXT=-93.6 -59.4 -28.8 18.9

The mapfile looks like this:

NAME Extents
STATUS ON
SIZE 400 200
EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
UNITS DD

PROJECTION
 "init=EPSG:4326"
END

# Start of reference object

REFERENCE
  STATUS ON
  IMAGE "extent.gif"
  SIZE 400 200
  EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
  COLOR -1 -1 -1
  OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
END

END # Map File

The image I get back has the incorrect extent marked on the map.  The north
and south coordinates are correct, but the east and west are stretched so
that the extent box has the same ratio as the reference image (2/1).  What
gives???  I am sure that it is something simple, but being rather late in
the day I just can't figure it out.

 As usual, any and all suggestions and/or comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Joost van Ulden
Programmer/Analyst
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada Geological Survey of
Canada / Commission geologique du Canada
101 - 605 Robson Street / 101 - 605 rue Robson Vancouver, B.C. / Vancouver
(C.B.) V6B 5J3
Office/Bureau: 604.666.7525
fax/telecopieur: 604.666.1124
jvanulde at nrcan.gc.ca