Pseudo-Dynamic Layer

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Wed Nov 2 18:13:22 EST 2005

In MapServer CGI, is it possible to use URL parameters to pass
polyID:value pairs to generate a map that classifies the indicated polys
by the value passed? The geometry is stored in a shapefile.

Obviously, one can get halfway there using Itemnquery to highlight
polys.

It is the age-old issue of having the geometry in a shapefile and
wanting to classify poly by data stored somewhere else.

I realize that this is pretty easily accomplished with a spatial
database back-end, and that it is probably a pretty simple mapscript
app, I am just trying to figure out if it can be done using CGI and URL
values.

Thanks,

David.