Tab, Shp, Shptree, PostGIS performance

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Nov 3 07:08:03 EST 2005

ed at topozone.com

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 5:59 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Tab, Shp, Shptree, PostGIS
performance

My shptree files are:
Myshp.dbf
Myshp.prj
Myshp.qix
Myshp.shp
Myshp.shx

Anyways it does read qix file, because test results are a bit faster
with qix file, but the difference is very-very small.

What else could be the reason?
I've been looking Mapserver user-list archives and haven't found anyone
making this kind of tests. Maybe someone has done and could put his/her
results. It would be nice to compare.

Erki Saluveer