Yahoo Maps Using Flash and tiled maps

David Niergarth dn at HDDESIGN.COM
Thu Nov 3 15:36:03 EST 2005

Hi Steve,

Yes, you can run Flash on FreeBSD (via Linux compatibility). I'm using
FreeBSD 5.3 with linuxpluginwrapper-20050320, which includes
linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_2. My coworker in the next office is using
FreeBSD 5.4 and linux-flashplugin-7.0 and he sees the same problem. As
soon as the page loads, the browser freezes to the point that we have to
kill the process from the command line. The linux-flashplugin is shared
by all my Mozilla-based browsers, which implies it's the plugin that's
the problem. Other FreeBSD users out there be warned -- all five of
you. ;)

--David