getfeatureinfo in a wms

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Nov 4 11:01:45 EST 2005

Mapserver does not cascade WMS GetFeatureInfo, it will not ask the
remote server for feature info. This is because the response is poorly
defined in the WMS spec.

So you would need to build the GetFeatureInfo URL to the remote server
yourself in the client and do the request and present the results. If
you are using Mapscript there is a function in the API which builds up
the GetFeatureInfo URL for you.

Best regards,
Bart