Hilighting and querying questions

Eric Brown ericbrown at NETXN.COM
Sun Nov 6 10:40:04 EST 2005

A few questions.

I'm working on a property information system where you can browse information related to parcels etc.

I'd like to instantly link into a map (<a href=...>) - to a specific parcel using itemquerymap or similar query.  However, while this functions - it doesn't result in what I'd like because I'm unable to show context because the only extent I can get to work is mapext=shapes.  Or, I can't figure out how to specify a logical extent.  Note: each query will be dynamic and so the specific extent will be different for each query.

What I'd like to do is 2 fold.

1) zoom to an extent that is further out than just the parcel - to provide more context to the map.
2) show multiple zooms in addition to the original query (at the same time) with the parcel highlited   For instance, 4 maps, 1) the parcel and everything within say 1000ft, 2) the parcel and everthing within 10,000ft etc. etc.

If anyone has any insight I'd certainly appreciate the assisstance.

- Eric Brown