ROAD, STREET, BUILDING NAMES DOES'NT APPEAR.

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Tue Nov 8 03:30:18 EST 2005

Are you sure there is a value for the "Text" attribute? Because this is
different from the annotation layer that is stored in a DGN. The labels
you see in a DGN are annotations, NOT labelled text attributes. To show
those annotations, you'd have to open the DGN as an annotation layer, I
think.

Also, you are defining it as a line layer, yet you ask for an outline
colour in the class, and "styleitem auto". If you use "styleitem auto",
your colours in classes will be ignored. But to define an outline colour
for a line-layer may be a problem...

Anything in your logs?

________________________________

	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Jack Ling
	Sent: 8 November 2005 16:21
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] ROAD, STREET, BUILDING NAMES
DOES'NT APPEAR.

	Hi,

	Thanks for highlighting the error. I've changed accordingly. But
I still see nothing for the label. I can't figure out what else needs to
be amended. I've tried different parameters but failed. To the minimum,
what's missing in the following portion?
	I have the sans font properly put at the right place

	Since DGN file has just one layer, I assume I only needs to deal
with one layer here?

	Below is the portion of the code for the layer.

	LAYER
	    NAME dgn
	    TYPE LINE
	    STATUS DEFAULT
	    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
	    CONNECTION "11sw9d.dgn,0"
	    STYLEITEM "AUTO"

	    LABELITEM    "Text"

	    CLASS
	      NAME "USA"
	      OUTLINECOLOR 60 60 60
	      SYMBOL 0

	      LABEL
	        COLOR 255 255 255
	        SHADOWCOLOR 218 218 218
	        SHADOWSIZE 2 2
	        TYPE TRUETYPE
	        FONT sans
	        SIZE 12
	        ANTIALIAS TRUE
	        POSITION CL
	        PARTIALS FALSE
	        MINDISTANCE 300
	        BUFFER 4
	      END # end of label
	    END

	  END # Layer

		Your label definition must sit inside the class. So:

		LAYER
		   CLASS

		      LABEL
		      END #end label