AW: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Beginner-application with wms usage?help please

Piero Cavalieri piero.cavalieri at HEIDI.IT
Tue Nov 8 04:22:05 EST 2005

In index.php, there's no php scripting at all, so you can change extension
to .html.
You are using html interface with no server side html generation, so I
don't understand the aspx extension you where using (it seems you are not
in .NET environment).
You are doing application like Itasca sample application, provided in
Mapserver site, so I suggest to have it running.
If you later want to use a scripting language like php, I suggest you start
with gmap sample application (if using scripting language to make requests,
it's different approach respect cgi).

To try the cgi, with Apache, maybe something like:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
map=E:/itasca2/itasca2.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=a
Layer&

Piero