GDAL compiling error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Nov 8 16:08:07 EST 2005

On 11/8/05, SUBSCRIBE MAPSERVER-USERS Anonymous <l.tom at web.de> wrote:

> In file included from ogrgeometryfactory.cpp:118:
> ogr_geos.h:41:25: geos/geom.h: No such file or directory
> I've tested it with different versions of GDAL-Library, always interrupted
> by the error message above. Alternatively, i installed the GDAL rpm package
>  on my system. But in this case i need also to install the corresponding
> devel package to get the necessary gdal-config file. This devel package
> isn't yet available for version 1.3.1.
>
> Has anyone an idea to solve this problem? I'm really grateful for any
> helping hint.

Tom,

Are you attempting to configure in GEOS support?  It looks like
you are but either don't have GEOS or have an incompatible
version. GDAL 1.3.1 requires at least GEOS 2.0 if you are
enabling that option.  If you don't care about GEOS, just
adding "--without-geos" to your configuration line.

Best regards,