.map within a .map

Dirk Tilger dirk at ADVTECHME.COM
Wed Nov 9 08:45:03 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 04:26:25AM -0600, Oliver Ishmael wrote:
> Is it possible to call a nested .map file within a mapfile.

You can probably nest two mapservers by making one of them a web mapping
service and the other one using this service to get the rendered picture
for the nested mapfile.

> For example, i am developing a mapserver for work and have some of the data
> at home, but not the raster data for example. To enable me to easily run and
> edit the mapfile from home, it would be useful if some of this data could be
> called in a separate mapfile, (which i could comment out as necessary).

I would put all those layers that you want to turn off into a GROUP and
turn the group off as necessary.

Dirk Tilger
Advanced Technologies ME FZ LLC
Tel +971 4 367 1071