How do I get Apache2 and PHP5 to play nice with MapServer and MapScript?

Douglas J. De Clue ddeclue2 at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Nov 9 20:26:16 EST 2005

Please Help!!

I can download MapServer for Windows and PHPMapScript from the Map Server
website and it works fine and I can easily modify the sample project to do
some simple mapping tasks using some mapping data that I have.

My problem however is that I also have a MySQL 4.x database that I want to
use in conjunction with MapServer but I can't seem to find a way to
integrate them all together into one webserver.

Either the MySQL database is not accessible or the MapServer doesn't
work.

The version of Apache webserver with Map server just says Apache but the
version with the MySQL database says Apache2.

I'm new to open source and don't really see anything in your Archives or
in the on line help that tells me just what the directory structure needs
to look like and which DLL's are required and what exactly the httpd.conf
file needs to look like.

It's all very frustrating and I'm hoping someone out there has the answers.